Thursday, April 10, 2014

Maybe I Don't Know What I'm Doing

I've been watching too much DIY Network, and suddenly I think I can do anything. Truth is, well, no I can't.
I started painting the room and all my mistakes are so obvious now. The first being the color. Even though I changed my mind twice from a yellow to a more green yellow. It looks too chartreuse. What am I going to do? I should have tinted the primer a color close to the one I'm painting over it. The brilliant white base is just screaming through. It's streaky like a squished pear. I could get some more free paint in a color called "Sage Wisdom". I could use some sage wisdom about now. I'll be stuck with 3 gallons of it though.
I can't believe that I can't get this room squared away. I can usually pick a paint color and have it work. But this is so obviously wrong. It doesn't go with the black/copper finish door knobs. Do I want to swap out free shelving for 3 gallons of paint? Do I want to wait for the new paint to arrive. Not really. I need to think this over. All I need is 1 gallon of something similar but with grey blue tone in it. Or, I could just paint the room the same color as the rest of the hour. But I don't really like that color either. What the hell happened?

No comments:

Post a Comment