Monday, March 17, 2014

Rain, Rain, Rain

It sure does rain a lot here. It's like the Seattle of Georgia or something. I can't seem to get anything done outside. I've got my peppers, tomatoes, and broccoli started in some peat pods, but I have no place to put them outside. I don't think the large plot will be ready this year. The house has stolen all my money and attention over the winter. And spring snuck up on me like Jack the Ripper. It went from snows and ice storms right into mild blooming spring in a matter of 2 weeks. Wuh? Plus, being from the midwest, April always was, aways will be when you start planting. I just can't seem to adjust to the southern way.
Since I have not been able to get the large plot ready, I've decided on raised beds and grow bags. I've started hauling fallen cedar trees out of the woods to use for either the raised beds, or fence posts for the larger plot. So far it's slow going since I don't have any power tools, no truck, no gator, no mule. Just myself I guess. Kinda amish, without a horse. I would like to get a nice field horse for future plowing and manure production. But no matter what I do it all leads back to a basic problem, this house is too small. Could I add an addition? Should I even bother since the main house has a lot of major problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment