Saturday, March 22, 2014

Today's Progress

Finished the southern roof facia sealing project. I had to some back and seal the smaller gaps with silicone. I also got up on the roof to check out the chimney leak. Apparently where the roof meets the chimney there isn't any flashing. So now I need to go get some. 
I continued digging out and de-rooting the herb garden. As well as adding some coarse sand to help with drainage and break up the clay. 
I also sanded the bedroom some more. But still need to build out the patch some more and secure the dry wall in a few places with screws.
Lastly, last night, after lowering all those boards down in the barn, and rubbing elbows with a rat snake in the loft, I read not to use any treated wood for raised beds. Instead, use naturally rot resistant wood like cedar. So I'll have to rethink what I'm doing. I have been dragging out some felled cedar trees from the woods. I might be able to use those.
I'm tired now.

No comments:

Post a Comment